Contents     Previous Page      Next Page

The old New Haven-Derby Railroad Station was built in 1867 at a cost of $1,003 raised by public subscription in Orange. In later years the railroad station, located on Orange Center Road, was used as the first Volunteer Fire Association firehouse and a town garage before it was torn down in 1948. The square building in the background was the Academy, the town's first high schoool, which was destroyed by fire in 1885.