Contents Previous Page Next Page
Top: Fifty yoke of oxen parade past the permanent exhibition building at the 1911 Orange Fair. The fairgrounds were on Orange Center Road across from the present High Plains School.
Bottom: Typical of the elaborate floats displayed at the fairs was this first prize entry, decorated with 2,000 pink roses by Mrs. Walter Hine in 1905. In the carriage are Mrs. Hine, Mrs. Clifford Treat, Mrs. Wynola Hine and Miss Florence Clark.